Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Time Keeps On Slipping, Slipping, Slipping...

So here's what I know...Things keep moving forward whether I want them to or not.  People come and go in my life; some cause me great joy, some cause me great sorrow.  I hate when you spend time building people up and all they do is knock you down.  On the other hand, I love when someone takes the time to tell me my time has not been wasted.  I guess that is rooted in a need for affirmation.  We get thick-skinned and say, "I don't care what other people say about me!"  There is no truth in that statement for me.  I care too much.  A careless word can sit with me for years and make me doubt my worth.  Here's what I know...I move forward.  I forgive.  I dream again about all the things I won't physically be able to accomplish.  I strive for perfection so that the kids look amazing.  If that makes me a bitch...oh, well.  It grieves me that I could even be called that, but I keep moving forward.  I am looking forward to an amazing year, not back at a crappy one!  Move on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment